- From Feed Management click Register alongside the feed to be added.
- Wait for the feed format autodetection to complete and then click Next to accept the auto-detected Format String or if necessary select the correct CSV format from the drop-down box:
- Enter the name of the merchant or select a field that contains the merchant name by referring to the sample product record displayed below the registration form. Continue to select (or confirm if auto-selected) the fields from the feed that correspond to the Product Name, Description (optional), Image URL (optional), Buy URL and Price. If desired, enter category and/or brand information under the optional index fields section, or select corresponding fields from the feed.
- Click Register and Trial Import to register the feed and import the first 10 product records as a quick test to make sure that everything is working.
- Go to the home page of your site, and follow the link to Merchant A-Z and then click the name of the new merchant to browse through the product records and check that everything is OK.
- If everything is OK, return to the administration home page and click Import alongside the feed that you have just registered to import all product records. This process may take a few minutes for product feeds with several thousand records.