- Unzip the distribution into a temporary directory on your local computer.
- Open the file config.php.dist (shown below) into a text editor, and then save it as config.php after making any changes as required for your server. Click here for a description of each variable.
$config_title = "Site Title";
$config_charset = "utf-8";
$config_baseHREF = "/";
$config_useRewrite = FALSE;
$config_useRelated = FALSE;
$config_useTracking = FALSE;
$config_useInteraction = FALSE;
$config_currencyHTML = "";
$config_resultsPerPage = 10;
$config_databaseServer = "localhost";
$config_databaseUsername = "";
$config_databasePassword = "";
$config_databaseName = "";
$config_databaseTablePrefix = "";
- Edit config.advanced.php to set your password for access to the administration area and configure advanced options as required. Click here for a description of each variable.
- Upload the files and directory structure to your web server.
- Browse to setup.php. The following should be displayed:
Checking database connection...PASS
Checking database selection...PASS
Checking database tables...FAIL [click here to install tables]
- Click the link to install the database tables. This completes the basic setup process. You can now proceed to administer your website by following the link to the /admin/ subdirectory.